Valorie Burton is a life coach, author, motivational speaker and entrepreneur.
Fee Range: $ $15,000 - $20,000
Tags: Business Women, Confidence, Financial Freedom, Goal Setting, happiness, Influential Women Leadership, Resilience, Setbacks, Success, Women in Business, Women in the Workplace, Women Motivational Speakers
Valorie Burton is a bestselling author, speaker, and life coach dedicated to helping people get unstuck and be unstoppable in every area of life. She is the founder of he Coaching and Positive Psychology (CaPP) Institute and has served as a Certified Personal and Executive Coach to hundreds of clients in over 40 states and ten countries. For over 15 years, Valorie’s books, speaking engagements, and coaching programs have helped people:
- Make major life changes that are exciting and scary at the same time.
- Be happier and have more fun, even when life seems routine.
- Become strong leaders, navigate office politics, and achieve professional dreams.
- Navigate setbacks and disappointments in a way that makes life better, not bitter.
- Speak up with confidence rather than settling for less.
- Go to sleep at night feeling at peace about decisions.
- Conquer emotions that cause procrastination, emotional spending, and self-sabotage.
Valorie knows what it feels like to endure family health challenges and dreams deferred. And she understands the power of being resilient and tenacious in the face of such disappointments. In the summer of 1999, she had an epiphany that confirmed her life purpose: To inspire others to live more fulfilling lives. At the time, she was good at what she did for a living, but not passionate about it. Despite her fears, Valorie took a leap of faith to pursue her dream. The transformation has led her to write eleven books, including Successful Women Think Differently, and What’s Really Holding You Back? Success Magazine named her book, Why Not You? one of the “Top 25 Must-Read Success Books.” Her book Happy Women Live Better:13 Ways to Trigger Your Happiness Everyday helps women make intentional choices right now to increase their happiness on a daily basis. Her books have been translated into seven foreign languages.
Valorie has appeared numerous times on the TODAY Show, Dr. Oz, CNN, HLN and hundreds of other radio and television shows. She has also co-hosted two national television programs, The Potter’s Touch with T.D. Jakes and Aspiring Women, which won two regional Emmy nominations. She has written for Oprah Magazine, Essence, Ebony, Woman’s Day, and many more. And as a speaker, she has inspired audiences for GE, McDonald’s, Goldman Sachs, State Farm, Accenture, General Mills, FDIC, Verizon Wireless, NASA, Wells Fargo, the US Military and hundreds of others. Valorie has a master’s degree in applied positive psychology from the University of Pennsylvania and a master’s degree in journalism from Florida A&M University. She earned a BA in International Affairs from Florida State University. She and her husband grew up in Denver, Colorado and live near Atlanta, Georgia with their three children.
Let Valorie help you get unstuck and be unstoppable! Take a free life assessment, register for her encouraging newsletter, browse her free resources, and learn more about her life-changing books and products.
Successful Women Speak Differently:
Stop Underestimating Yourself
The most successful women are often not the most talented, the most gifted, or even the most experienced. What these women have is a knack for communicating that opens doors and gives them influence.
Gleaning from powerful research, bestselling author and life strategist Valorie Burton unearths practical insights you can put to work in your life immediately. Scientific studies are proving the power of your success lies in the very words you speak – and the ones you don’t. Let Valorie teach you how to…
- Recognize the nuances in speech that can mean the difference between success and failure
- Increase your influence by changing what you think and say in critical moments
- Speak accurately about yourself so you don’t sabotage your most meaningful goals
- Boost your confidence by making small, fun tweaks in your everyday life
Your words are powerful tools. It’s time to use them to build the life you really want.
Resilient and Ready:
How to Thrive Through Challenge and Change
Today’s world requires the ability to adapt to change and thrive despite the challenges that occur. Valorie Burton will help you understand how to create the building blocks of resilience so you can:
- Bounce back from setbacks
- Maximize opportunities
- Develop the thinking style research proves helps you succeed under pressure – Find your joy and maintain a positive perspective
- Navigate disappointments in a way that makes you better, not bitter.
In this practical, engaging conversation, Valorie will equip you with a survival toolkit to face any challenge that comes your way!
Successful Women Think Differently
(This can be adjusted to Successful People Think Differently)
You are capable of far more than you know. Scientific studies prove successful people think differently than the average person. They make decisions differently, set goals differently, and bounce back from failure and adversity differently. In this intriguing and energetic presentation, Valorie Burton will help you and your audience:
- Pinpoint your thinking style and make adjustments to improve performance
- Understand why talent isn’t enough and how to develop the self-control that will take you to the next level
- Understand why how you explain your success and failure predicts more about your potential than you think
- How to focus on solutions, not problems.
This powerful presentation is based on Valorie’s national bestselling book, Successful Women Think Differently.
Happy Women Live Better:
13 Ways to Trigger Your Happiness Every Day
Happier people are more productive, perform better and are more engaged in their work and with customers. When organizations invest in helping employees be happier, it impacts morale and the bottom line. Women have more education, more money, and more choices than ever before. Yet, research shows we are less happy than women 40 years ago. Today, we can “have it all.” So why is happiness declining?
Valorie Burton will help your audience unlock the secrets to their personal happiness allowing them to boost their joy right now, even in the midst of deadlines, children, marriage, dating and squeezing in a workout or girls’ night out. Through 13 happiness triggers, your audience will learn to:
- Bounce back from workplace stress and adversity faster
- Enjoy deeper satisfaction within their current role in the company
- Balance personal and work life more effectively
- Fight off depression, colds and other illnesses
- Live longer!
How to Excel at Work and Energize Your Life
People are living at a faster pace and under higher expectations than ever before in history. How do you thrive at work and still enjoy a healthy personal life? Using relatable stories and surprising research, Valorie Burton gives audiences practical tools for excelling at work when there is more to do and less time to do it. You will learn how to:
- Say “yes” to what matters by saying “no” more often.
- Increase your day-to-day joy and fun, even when your schedule feels routine.
- Make time for the people and activities that nourish your mind, body and spirit.
It’s possible to create more balance and fulfillment with less stress and overload. Valorie will show you how.
Where Will You Go From Here? Bounce Back From a Setback
Has the unexpected knocked you off course? You lost your job to the latest round of layoffs. A relationship you thought would last forever, didn’t. A health challenge is disrupting your life. Life doesn’t always go according to plan, but with the right attitude and skills, you can persevere through even the toughest situations—and emerge stronger and better than ever. Valorie’s message is designed to help you navigate life’s obstacles and feel empowered to:
- Unearth the courage you need for any situation.
- Replace negative thinking with an optimistic outlook.
- Navigate disappointments in a way that makes you better, rather than bitter.
Coaching for Success:
How to Bring Out the Best in Yourself and Others
What if you could coach yourself in five minutes or less to think clearly through a major decision or an emotional dilemma? Coaching is a powerful tool to create personal clarity, build a positive environment, and facilitate progress towards critical goals. Valorie will give your audience principles and research-based techniques they can use immediately to fulfill their potential facilitate growth in others. As Valorie shares her proven 5-step coaching process, you will discover how to:
- Transform a scattered brain into a focused mind that accomplishes your daily goals.
- Lay your head on your pillow at night feeling peace about your decisions.
- Control the emotions that cause you to procrastinate, spend emotionally, and sabotage your own success.
Use the Proven Power of Positivity to Overcome Your Obstacles
Valorie Burton is one of a select number of people in the world with a graduate degree in the pioneering field of Applied Positive Psychology, which is the scientific study of happiness, resilience, success, and optimal human functioning. Using research from her studies at the University of Pennsylvania, Valorie shares powerful examples, insightful facts, and specific tools to help you:
- Increase productivity, happiness, and success at work and in everyday life.
- Remove the harmful consequences of pessimistic thinking.
- Boost the life-giving power of positivity, optimism, and utilizing your strengths.
This presentation is more than a typical motivational speech. Valorie will expand the way your audience approaches work and life in ways that produce measurable results.
Goal Setting, Goal Getting! Reach Your Goals Faster
Are you setting the right goals? How do you know? Are your team members’ strategies for reaching goals as effective as they could be? Does your team have the traits needed to reach major goals—and if not, do you know how to develop those traits?
In this fun and fast-paced session, Valorie Burton shares practical, research-based methods to reach your goals faster, more easily and more consistently.
In this highly engaging and interactive session, you’ll learn:
- Three foundational principles of effective goal setting. They’re rarely discussed, yet without them your goals are likely to falter or fizzle.
- How to set a goal in a way that challenges but doesn’t overwhelm you or your team
- The 7 Building Blocks of the “goal getting” process.
- Which of the 7 Building Blocks you already possess, where you have gaps that need to be filled—and how to close those gaps.
- How to spot and eliminate “Goal Fatigue,” a little-known phenomenon that impacts leaders and employees in demanding environments.
- Create meaningful goals that boost happiness.
- Build the confidence you need to reach goals outside your comfort zone.