Margie's authenticity coupled with her hard-won wisdom about the human condition enable her to distill theory into practical advice that emboldens braver decision-making for better outcomes.
Fee Range: $ Contact Us
Tags: Bravery, Business Corporate Culture, Change Management, Communication Skills, CORPORATE PSYCHOLOGY, Courage, Decision Making, Goal Setting, Inclusion, Leadership, Overcoming Adversity, Peak Performance, Purpose, Resilience, Risk, SELF-CONFIDENCE, team building, Uncertainty, Womens Issues
Dr Margie Warrell is a bestselling author, leadership advisor and speaker on living and leading with courage in today’s increasingly ‘VUCA’ world.
Margie has learned a lot about courage and embracing uncertainty since her childhood in rural Australia. She pairs extensive international experience with a diverse background in Fortune 500 business, psychology, coaching, and leadership development to bring a global perspective and sharp insights to the complex challenges facing individuals, leaders and organizations today.
Recently relocated back to the US after a decade in Australia and Asia, Margie is trusted by global brands – including Salesforce, Dell, Google, Johnson & Johnson and Amazon – to lead transformative programs that improve decision making and build ‘cultures of courage’ that unlock potential and strengthen outcomes – individually and collectively.
Margie has lectured at Columbia, Georgetown and SMU and been adjunct faculty at Duke University.The author of five bestselling books (with McGraw-Hill & Wiley Publishing) and a member of the Advisory Board of Forbes School of Business & Technology, Margie is a sought-after keynote speaker and seasoned media commentator, appearing on CNN, CNBC, Today Show and Bloomberg and quoted in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times and many others. She has worked with global business leaders such as Bill Marriott and Sir Richard Branson, sharing their insights in her ‘Courage Works’ Forbes column.
Margie’s PhD in leadership, and her doctoral dissertation focused on the cross-cultural interplay of gender, power and leadership, contribute to her work with Global Courage in building more inclusive environments that value diversity and advance more women to top tables.
A Women’s Economic Forum Honoree, Margie is an ambassador for Google’s WomenWill program and regular speaker at women’s leadership conferences globally.
Outside work, Margie enjoys adventure travel with her husband and their four children.
Margie Warrell's Programs
DARE TO LEAD THE CHARGE ON CHANGE
No one is immune to fear. Yet in the midst of uncertain times, only those who’ve learned to rise above it and lead with courage can unlock the potential in themselves and others and seize the opportunity adversity always holds.
- Engage teams around a big Why that fosters shared purpose, unlocks ingenuity and dismantles change resistance
- Identify blind spots and reframe risk to make better decisions
- Harness ‘emotional contagion’ to build psychological safety, nurture diversity & expand collective change-agility
- Create resilience rituals that expand bandwidth and behavioral agility to thrive under pressure
YOU’VE GOT THIS!
TIME TO DIAL UP YOUR COURAGE!
Everyone experiences self-doubt yet successful people have mastered their inner dialogue, and don’t let their doubts call the shots. Drawing on the research from her best-selling book You’ve Got This! The Life-Changing Power of Trusting Yourself, Margie will give you proven strategies to:
- Defy the doubts that are holding your potential and future hostage
- Build self-confidence in the aftermath of setbacks, enabling you to ‘fail forward’ and succeed faster
- Beat imposter syndrome and quiet your inner critic
- Play from your strengths
- Harness the power of language to harness fear, reframe stress and thrive under pressure
- Apply the psychology of confidence and ‘train the brave’ to succeed on a whole new level
CULTURE OF COURAGE
EMBOLDEN OTHERS TO THINK BIGGER & ACT BOLDER
Harnessing the human capital in your organization has never been more critical. Yet its greatest threat is the fear that stifles ingenuity and drives capable, creative people to play it safe and make short-sighted decisions. Embedding the value of courage in your organization’s culture leads to competitive edge, greater agility and stronger outcomes. Drawing on the latest research and fresh insights, Margie will equip your leaders with practical strategies to:
- Nurture psychological safety to unleash disruptive thinking & fail forward, faster
- Create unconscious inclusion that harnesses the full value of diversity
- Foster ‘loyal dissent’ to upgrade outdated paradigms that stifle innovation
- Activate the ‘rally effect’ toward a shared mission-critical
- Unlearn to relearn, embracing a ‘risk ready’ mindset
- Counter the unconscious forces that sabotage change and undermine crucial conversations and quality decision making
BRAVE WOMEN RISING
OWN YOUR VALUE AND MAKE YOUR UNIQUE MARK
Despite the compelling case for seating more women at decision-making tables, too few are. Empowering women to embrace their feminine strengths and own their power as change-agents is a vital lever for gender equity. Drawing on her PhD research into the interplay of gender, power and leadership coupled with decades of emboldening women globally, Margie will share her personal stories as a ball-dropping working mother of four while sharing practical strategies to:https://youtu.be/Ag6ibt5U-Wo
- Conquer the imposter syndrome and close the confidence gap
- Find your authentic voice to speak with authority & impact
- Counter ‘think male, think manager’ bias & ‘backlash effect’
- Get the right career champions in your corner
- Lower the ‘perfection’ high bar & get off your own back
- Expand your capacity to thrive under pressure
- Lift as you climb, amplifying the voice of other women
Margie Warrell's Books