Joe Tye is Head Coach of Values Coach. Best known for his skills in helping organizations build a more positive culture of ownership by engaging staff at every level in a commitment to shared values.
Travels from: Iowa
Fee Range: $ $10,000 - $15,000
Virtual Fee Range: $ $5,000 - $7,500
International Fee Range: $ Contact Us
Joe works with hospitals and other healthcare organizations to help them build a more positive culture of ownership by engaging staff at every level in a commitment to shared values and expectations.
Joe earned a master’s degree in hospital administration from the University of Iowa and an MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business, where he was class co-president. His books include The Florence Prescription: From Accountability to Ownership and All Hands on Deck: 8 Essential Lessons for Building a Culture of Ownership. He has co-authored several books with Dr. Bob Dent including The Heart of a Nurse Leader and Building a Culture of Ownership in Healthcare, which was twice named AJN Book of the Year. He created The Twelve Core Action Values, a course on values-based life and leadership skills that has been called “graduate school for the seven habits.”
Prior to founding Values Coach in 1994, Joe was chief operating officer for a large community teaching hospital. On the volunteer front, he was the founding president of the Association of Air Medical Services and a leading activist fighting against unethical tobacco industry marketing practices. Joe and his wife Sally have two adult children. They live on a small farmstead in Iowa and their second home is a tent in the Grand Canyon.
Call us at Speakers Network Worldwide to bring Joe to your next meeting. 704-342-0095
Joe Tye's Programs
Topic #1: Courageous Leadership for an Age of Anxiety
“Drive fear out of the workplace” was one of the 14 points for total quality management of W. Edwards Deming. In this insightful and inspirational keynote, Joe Tye explains why, while it is impossible to drive fear out, it is possible to channel it in a positive direction toward a common purpose and shared goals. And he will share practical strategies for doing so.
Learning objectives include:
- Why leaders must distinguish between anxiety, fear, and worry, the three cognitive distortions caused in a culture of high anxiety, and why national surveys, including those conducted by Values Coach, show that managing anxiety has never been more important.
- Leadership CPR+H: Strategies to promote Courage, Perseverance, Resilience, and Hope.
- Leading through the Red Zone: Why the last 10 yards is the hardest and how the best leaders guide their teams through.
Topic #2: All Hands on Deck: Building a Culture of Ownership for the Post-Pandemic World
Peter Drucker famously said that culture eats strategy for lunch, but in today’s world, it is imperative that leaders have a strategy for building and nurturing a Culture of Ownership. In stormy seas, leaders need all hands on deck, and in this fast-paced keynote Joe Tye – who literally wrote the book on building a Culture of Ownership – shares strategies for doing so.
Learning objectives include:
- The Accountability Continuum, and why it is imperative to move from a culture of accountability toward a Culture of Ownership
- Why a crisis such as the current pandemic is the best time for an organization’s leadership to reassess, revise, and re-energize core values, and assure alignment with the personal values of team members.
- Why organizations need a Cultural Blueprint for the Invisible Architecture™ of core values, organizational culture, and workplace attitude and a practical method for creating one.
Joe Tye's Books